Advertisement

July 28, 2009

Things We Pass By

A cool blog posting by the local thisisportable about the design of some handpainted signs many of us see everyday:
On my way back from the office this morning I stopped to take pictures of a couple of my favourite signs that I pass the most. Turns out they’re kind of hard to take pictures of from the street and there always seemed to be something in the way.

Geo L Wilson Sign on the North Side

This one is my favourite sign I’ve seen so far on the North Side and it also appears to be one of the more recently done signs. This one isn’t on my regular commute route, but still, I pass it quite a bit. I love the way the x-height, scale, and kerning just go haywire in the “Specialty Products” line and how different the two lowercase “t”s are. Adorable imperfection.
Read and see a little more at thisisportable's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment