Advertisement

August 5, 2009

Dustin Foust Interview with City Creative

There's a great interview at a cool new Pittsburgh art blog called City Creative with local animation designer Dustin Foust! Dustin's work is RAD - beautiful character designs, varied shapes and sizes, with very nice clean color work. In the interview Dustin criticizes himself as being "too clean", but there really is no wrong in having clean work! From the City Creative interview:
How would you describe your style as if you were a good friend describing it?

Clean! My style is very clean. It drives me crazy sometimes. I look at the work of someone like Glen Keane (Disney Animator) and his stuff looks so loose and fun. I want that!

Your portfolio has some killer work in it. Will there ever be a Foust retrospective coffee table book someday?

I would love to put a book together. I’m not sure how many people would be interested though. Every year I say I’m going to do something like that for the Pittsburgh Comic Con. Maybe 2010 will be the year. Ha Ha

How would you like your work to impact the growing creative scene in PGH?

I just want people to notice the talent we have here. We have so much talent and so little work. Personally I would like to see some animation coming out of PGH! If my art can help in anyway, I’m all for it.
Keep reading...
Link to Dustin's blog
Link to City Creatives' Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment