Advertisement

August 17, 2009

Dr Sketchy's White Trash Backyard BBQ TONIGHT!

Dr Sketchy Pittsburgh presents White Trash Backyard BBQ tonight, August 17th! Tonight's event takes place at the always-rad Doublewide Grill in the SouthSide (2339 E Carson St) from 8pm to 11pm. This is always a grand-spanking good time - come on out to draw some white trash!

I've had several people recently ask me what Dr Sketchy's Anti-Art School is. Basically it's a drink-and-draw figure drawing session, originally created by Molly Crabapple in New York City. Molly says why she started the Dr Sketchy events:
I draw saucy Victoriana for magazines. I used to work as a life model during art school. I thought they were boring and decided to take a stab at the medium. Thus, Dr. Sketchy's was born. John Leavitt is my co-host, DJ, aesthetic arbitrator and graphic design god. I'm also aided by the noble helper monkeys Eve Butler, Justin Lussier, Syd Bernstein and Steve Walker. I've been running this here event since 2005.
You can read a little more on the Dr Sketchy FAQ site. There are now branches of Dr Sketchy's in most major cities. Thanks to Joe Wos, co-founder of the Toonseum, Pittsburgh has held official Dr Sketchy events now for around two years!
Link to Dr Sketchy Pittsburgh
Link to get your tickets!

(Poster art at top by Ed Piskor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment