Advertisement

June 2, 2009

Ulterior Motion by Josh Tonies

This sveet piece of video/animation is/was part of Pittsburgh arteest Joshua Tonie's installation for the Gestures show at the Mattress Factory.

Josh describes it like this:
While seated aboard a return flight from Seattle, I found myself fascinated by the landscape from my view inside the airplane cabin. Particularly, the alien stretch of land during my descent over Dallas Fort Worth left me considering how a simple change in elevation could transform the way I constructed my understanding of space. My changing view of the remote landscape from the aircraft brought me to a think about the elasticity and usability of our sources of information, and the way they have shifted and displaced our orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment