Advertisement

June 8, 2009

Street Art Photography!

There are some great photo sets on flickr of the street art in Pittsburgh, particularly the photos by Niemster. I've noticed there is a continual growth of outstanding street art in Pittsburgh. Although cities like New York, Chicago and Los Angeles are covered, Pittsburgh stays generally uncovered and needs more street artists. Unfortunately the police seem a bit more strict in our area, arresting artists that even bring their street art into the galleries, but I say let's bring more art into the public for everyone to view freely. Here are some more from Niemster's flickr sets.
If you happen to spot any cool street art, please feel free to snap some photos and send them my way to post on here!

On a sidenote, I'm not here to promote vandalizing private property, but I do believe in showcasing and celebrating ephemeral art placed on public streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment